Palak Muchhal, born on 30 March 1992 is an Indian playback singer. She has given her voice in hindi films such as Ek Tha Tiger in 2012, Aashiqui 2 in 2013, Kick in 2014 and Action Jackson in 2014, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in 2015 M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story in 2016, Kaabil in 2017, Baaghi 2 in 2018 and Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas in 2019.
Few of her heart winning songs are “Chaahun Main Ya Naa”, “Tu Hi Hai Aashiqui”, “Jumme Ki Raat”, “Baatein Ye Kabhi Na”, “Teri Khushboo”, “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”, “Jab Tum Chaho”, “Aaj Unse Kehna Hai”, “Hua Hain Aaj Pehli Baar”, “Kaun Tujhe”.
She sang in almost all regional languages of the country like Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Assamese, Bhojpuri and Urdu.
Awards and Recognition
- She received Zee Cine Awards 2014 Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Fresh Singing Talent for “Meri Aashiqui” song of Aashiqui 2 and also a nomination in Best Female Playback Singer category for the same song.
- She achieved Stardust Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the title track of Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in 2015.
- Her contribution resulted in winning Best Track of the Year Award 2015 for “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” song in Zee Cine Awards.
- She Got her first ever nomination in the Filmfare Awards through 61st Filmfare Awards in 2016 as a playback singer for the same song and category.
- She captured BIG Star Entertainment Awards for BIG Star Most Entertaining Singer (Female) for the same
- She Received her first ever Screen Award for “Kaun Tujhe Yun Pyaar Karega” _ M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story in December 2016.
- She got Lions Favourite Singer of The Decade and Best Singer (Female) in Lions Gold Awards in January 2017 for the same song
- Her Second nomination in Filmfares through 62nd Filmfare Awards 2017 for “Kaun Tujhe” once again.
- She received Singer Of The Decade (2019) at Lions Gold Awards
All the above nomination and achievements are enormous and best part of the life of any full time playback singer. If we navigate the achievement of any renowned singer in the country we will find their career graph filled with awards and recognition, therefore, why it is important for us to know about Palak. The best reason behind this is to make people realize that they do not know more about Palak Muchhal. Being a successful play back bollywood singer was not the only mile stone she has achieved.
Surprisingly, Palak is a part of Guinness Book of World Records and the Limca Book of World Records for her contribution towards the society. She started doing charity events right from the Kargil war, when she was all of 7 year old and raised money for family of the deceased soldiers. Her efforts received substantial coverage in Indian media and she raised ₹25,000 (US$810). Later that year, she sang to raise funds for victims of the 1999 Odisha cyclone.
Palak Muchhal Heart Foundation raised around ₹1.71 crores from the 1,460 charity shows that this 24 year old lady has done across the world and has so far helped 338 children.
Palak’s decision to use her voice to help others was made when she saw poor children cleaning train compartments with their clothes, as reported in Telugu One. Since then brother Palash Muchhal and Palak perform stage shows across India and abroad to raise funds for needy children, especially those who require financial assistance to treat heart ailments. Palak, so far, has been a goddess for eight hundred of them. Her charity is called ‘Palak Muchhal Heart Foundation’. Palak also raises money for visually impaired children, as reported in The Hindu. In 1999, Palak spent a week singing door-to-door, collecting funds for the Kargil war soldiers. She rose around Rs 10 lakh for the victims of the 2001 Gujarat earthquake. In 2006, Palak was one of the five heroic stories broadcast by Star Gold channel as part of its “Rang De Basanti Salaam” initiative.
Therefore, it has been suggested that if you hear Palak’s name next time, do not mistook her as a mere Bollywood singer, she has a beautiful heart and she is a great human being too. She is the only Indian playback singer who achieved to list her name in Guinness Book of World Records and the Limca Book of World Records for social work.